1. The Gospel-Centred Marriage Course
Share 5 or 6 evenings with other forgiven sinners to talk through, over coffee and cake, what God’s good purposes are for our marriages.The format is simple:
- Homework is to read a couple of the very short chapters of the course book with your spouse and come ready to discuss.
- Course leaders will ply you with coffee and cakes and facilitate bible study and chat about the issues raised in the chapters.
- Hopefully you’ll strike up long lasting friendships and support for your family.
2. The Marriage Course
“If you want to build a healthy marriage, invest your time wisely and learn to communicate effectively. This means talking beyond the practical arrangements for the week ahead, who’s doing the school run, remembering to call at the supermarket on the way home from work. It involves telling your partner how you’re feeling and really listening to each other.”
(From a couple attending the Marriage course)
The Marriage Course is a series of seven evenings to give couples time to talk about important issues affecting their relationship. It is a well-established course, which is running throughout the country and which has been recently revised and updated. Each evening begins with drinks and light refreshments, there are illustrated talks, followed by time for each couple to discuss the topics together privately. The course is based on Christian principles and is suitable for all couples, regardless of faith or background.
Topics covered include:
- recognising each other’s needs
- learning to communicate effectively
- resolving conflict and past hurt
- how to make each other feel loved and appreciated
- relating to parents and in-laws
- good sex
- making time for each other
Each person attending will be provided with a course manual and privacy as a couple is always respected. There is no group discussion and no disclosure of anything about your relationship to anyone else.